1. Follow rigorous methodology to perform system-wide performance characterization of existing robotic systems.
2. Run stability, passivity and robustness analyses and document key insights.
3. Define specifications and take charge of the design of our next generation sensor and actuator systems.
4. Design control and observer algorithms for existing and future electromechanical systems.
5. Work concurrently with electrical, design and manufacturing engineers as systems are being developed and finalized.
6. Work with functional safety team to ensure compliance of product to international safety standards.
1. PhD or MS with equivalent experience, in robotics-related field.
2. 5+ years of practical and/or theoretical knowledge of at least two of the following concepts: a) Linear/nonlinear control theory, b) Control of redundant robotic systems, c) System modelling and identication, d) Robot safety standards, e) control of complex electromechanical systems.
3. 3+ years of experience in software development in C/C++ for embedded systems and relevant version control tools (SVN, Git, Mercurial).
4. Good knowledge and intuition of robust and adaptive control strategies.
5. Strong system analysis skills using MATLAB, python or other relevant tools.
6. Good project management and excellent communication skills.
1. Technical leadership experience.
2. Experience with RTOS (Linux/QNX).
3. Experience with real-time embedded software experience.
4. Knowledge of automation components in industrial settings.
5. Understanding of requirements in certification standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 13849.