1. Research and develop new robotic hardware and technologies from scratches and proofs of concept.
2. Work closely with product designers to create and refine mechanical and mechatronic components.
3. Design, modify and assemble testing jigs, conduct experiments, and record and analyze data.
4. Collaborate with design engineers, manufacturing engineers and system engineers to inspect incoming parts, conduct failure analysis and improve designs.
5. Document design details and testing procedures and transfer SOPs to China assembling and testing teams.
1. Doctoral degree or master’s degree with equivalent work experience in mechanical engineering, robotics, or related fields.
2. Strong research and development skills and passion about new technologies.
3. Strong hands-on experience in hand tools, power tools, assembling techniques, PCB soldering, and debugging circuits with oscilloscopes, rapid prototyping, polymer prototyping, etc.
4. Proficient in mechanical design, tolerance analysis, design for manufacturing (DFM), and design for assembly (DFA).
5. Familiar with C/C++ programming for embedded systems and MATLAB/Python for data processing.
6. Understanding of motor control and sensing basics and can create simple testing circuitry.
7. Excellent problem solving, analytical thinking, communication and documentation skills.
1. Broad knowledge of robotic dynamics and systems.
2. Experience in reliability testing and quality control.
3. Experience in large volume production.